It’s all very well to sell a dream but emotional decisions can lead to buyers regret.
So Steve didn’t just sell the dream of a cool awesome product he made sure that dream had a solid foundation based on hard facts and logic.
He described the technology, how groundbreaking it is, how it’s faster, more efficient and he gives the numbers to back it up.
He showed that the dream was not just a pipe dream but that it was real. That it was tangible.
When you’re selling a dream to an audience, make it real to them, make it out to be an obvious next step. Help them to justify buying into the dream i.e “Of course I want to upgrade to the latest iPhone, not only because it’s cool but because it’s technology will help me perform better at work”.
10 STEPS TO SPEAKING LIKE STEVE JOBS
- Practice Until You’re a Natural
- Be Audience-Centric
- Why Should They Listen To You?
- Why Should the Audience be Excited by Your Idea or Product?
- Why This Is The Best Thing That You’ve Ever Done
- Use a Tagline
- Show Your Passion
- Use Theatre and Magic to Captivate Your Audience
- Use Great Visuals
- What Would Steve Do? (Coming Soon)